Add a new page
- From the dashboard click Pages
- Add New
- Enter a title
- Check URL (Click Edit if you need to edit the url)
Set Page Attributes
The Page Attributes module is located on the right-hand side of dashboard. The parent page refers to the top level page in the site structure. Here, you are telling the page where it should be located on your WordPress dashboard and what template the page should use.
- Parent – choose the parent for your new page. If there is no parent page select (no parent)
- Template – choose default template
The Content area has two views ‘Visual’ and ‘HTML’. Chose Visual if you do not know HTML. Add content, images, links, downloads, format pages… New Page Screen
WordPress SEO by Yoast
The WordPress SEO by Yoast module is located below the Content box. Yoast assists you in optimizing your Pages and Posts for search.
More on Yoast: WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Click the General tab
- Complete the fields: Focus Keyword, SEO Title, Meta Description
- The Snippet Preview will update as you type
- Update the page
- Under ‘Focus Keyword’ notice the results of your keyword phrasing
- Also notice, under the ‘Publish’ module (rt-hand side of dashboard), your SEO color ranking
- Click the ‘Page Analysis’ tab to see a summary of warnings and how to fix them
- Green is good, Red is bad and not all pages and posts need to be green!
- How to add a new page to a Menu