Add a blog post
- From the dashboard click Posts
- Add New
- Enter a title
- Check URL (Click Edit if you need to edit the url)
Set the ‘Publish On’ Date
The Publish module is located on the right-hand side of dashboard. The ‘published on’ date defaults to the current date and time. Posts are arranged in chronological order (newer posts appear first in list). To change the order of posts, edit the ‘Published On’ date.
The Categories module is located on the right-hand side of dashboard.
- Check the ‘Blog’ category
The Content area has two views ‘Visual’ and ‘HTML’. Chose Visual if you do not know HTML. Add content, images, links, downloads, format pages… New Page Screen
Create an Excerpt
The Excerpt module is located below the content area. The excerpt is the post’s summary sentence. It can be found displayed in feature boxes or on the blog page.
- No more than two sentences
WordPress SEO by Yoast
The WordPress SEO by Yoast module is located below the Content box. Yoast assists you in optimizing your Pages and Posts for search.
More on Yoast: WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Click the General tab
- Complete the fields: Focus Keyword, SEO Title, Meta Description
- The Snippet Preview will update as you type
- Update the page
- Under ‘Focus Keyword’ notice the results of your keyword phrasing
- Also notice, under the ‘Publish’ module (rt-hand side of dashboard), your SEO color ranking
- Click the ‘Page Analysis’ tab to see a summary of warnings and how to fix them
- Green is good, Red is bad and not all pages and posts need to be green!